Many of the trends this year are being taken from celebrity inspiration, from the red carpet to famous weddings. Here are the top trends for this year:
1. BLUSHing bride: Blush is becoming the new ivory. Celebrity inspiration, Jessica Beil in her wedding to superstar Justin Timberlake (see below). Pink and other colored dresses like (champagne, gold, and red) are going to be huge this year!
2. Soft romantic: Very flowy lace dresses are becoming more popular. Lace was a huge trend of 2012 and it’s only going to get more popular but with a more subtle look (see below).
3. Old Victorian: Keeping with the lace theme, old Victorian style dresses are coming back in style. Lace dresses with high neck collars as shown below.
4. Classic sleeves: Like the old Victorian style, long sleeves are in! Especially illusion sleeves like the La Sposa dress style Montani as pictured below.
5. Simplicity/ minimal: Dresses with very little detail but with a great shape are headed to be a top trend this year. Can be glammed up with nice jewelry and accessories. Try this Alfred Angelo dress style 1148.
6. Glamor/ Old Hollywood: Glamorous dresses have been an ongoing trend and are continuing to be popular. Mostly silk/ satin dresses with some glitz as the Allure dress 878 pictured below.
7. Floral: Either floral print (like the David’s Bridal gown pictured bottom left) or flower appliques (like Jasmine style F473 below right), flowers are making a big appearance this year. Especially for garden and other outdoor weddings.
8. Veil trains: Veil trains are a recent trend that is bound to be very popular this year in the bridal industry. These dresses have a separate over layer that has the same appearance as a veil attached to the back of the dress. My favorite dress with this style is the La Sposa- Denia dress pictured below.
9. Peplum: Peplum is a short skirt-like piece of fabric that attaches at the waist of a long dress (as seen below). We have already seen many celebrities in peplum dresses walking the red carpet so it is going to be a huge trend this year for bridal wear.
* Allure, Alfred Angelo, La Sposa, and Jasmine gowns can all be ordered at B.B. Bridal in Boise. Call now or go online to set up an appointment. (208)322-3945 or http://www.bb-bridal.com
* Some ideas gotten from Bride Magazine Winter 2013.