1. Church wedding: Don’t show too much skin. Avoid super low backed dresses. You can still be sexy without showing skin, like a mermaid style or illusion top.
2. Western/ barn wedding: LACE!!! Not too much bling. Go for a more relaxed silhouette like an A-line.
3. Breakfast wedding: Go for a more mellow dress. Avoid heavy fabrics. Chiffon is a great fabric.
4. Nature/ outdoor wedding: Try something simple and earthy. Light materials like chiffon, it’s also very flowy. Maybe leaf or butterfly appliques or patterns.
5. Southern wedding: Lace is a popular fabric. Sweetheart necklines and tight bodices with full skirts. Modern southern would be tighter fitting lace.
6. Multi- cultural wedding: Colored dresses are very popular (especially red). Very simple with not too much going on. With a lavish veil.
7. Tuscan/ romantic wedding: Traditional without being too heavy. Maybe color and flower details.
8. Beach wedding: Simple, light weight, flowy (again chiffon is an awesome fabric). Maybe light color like pinks.
9. Black tie event: Very formal. Big and bold! Glamerous with a dramatic fit. Satins and silks are good.
10. Winter wonderland: Ball gowns and shimmery fabrics like silk/ satin. Lots of sparkle!
* Some advice taken from “Randy Knows Best”.