When starting to plan a wedding you may feel overwhelmed and stress, but follow these easy tips and you’ll be on your way to the best day of your life!
1. Start early! This one is key. Experts recommend at least 9-12 months to plan your big day. Wedding dresses can take 4-8 months to get in once ordered, venues book fast on weekends, and there is a lot to plan for. Make sure to give yourself enough time to plan and have some time to enjoy being engaged as well.
2. Get organized. Find a way that you can stay organized with all the vendor, payment, and details of your wedding. I suggest a folder or binder of some sort. You can also file a lot on your laptop or tablet to take everywhere with you! Print wedding blogs (like this one) to help you with tips and ideas for your wedding. Print or rip out pictures you’ve found of dresses you like and other details you’ve come across (like Pintrest. I would definitely recommend a Pintrest account for more awesome tips and ideas). Calendars and vendor contracts and deadlines are most important to keep in the same place. Maybe keep more than one copy just in case.
3. Take time out for yourself! Make time for friends and family away from wedding related activities to take your mind away from it. About 5 months from your wedding stop going on pintrest and watching wedding related shows. It’ll just make you more confused on your ideas and you should have most things narrowed in by then. Don’t change too much right before the big day. Get a massage, go to the movies, or just go to lunch and don’t talk about the wedding.
4. Don’t be scared to ask for help! Count on friends, family, your finace, or wedding planner to help when you need help. Don’t try to do everything on your own. You will jus get more stressed out and won’t be able to enjoy the big day if you do too much on the wedding. Also, make sure to include the groom…. it’s his big day too!
5. Be happy and thankful! Take time out to see the good in things and remind yourself why you are getting married! It’s a great way to take a little break and keep you upbeat.
* Some ideas gotten from Premier Bride Idaho.